Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Visitor

I apologize for not posting in a while, but this past week/week and a half has been crazy. My sister came to visit, which was a lot of fun. But it also meant it was time to play tour guide, so I didn't have time for much else. That's one thing about moving to New York--everyone wants to come visit! Which is good, for obvious reasons, but it's also stressful, given the tiny size of NY apartments.


I have to admit, I am a pretty good tour guide. Maybe I should go into it full-time. I've also considered opening my own Pilates studio, or going back to school. Yes, these are the things I think to myself when I'm having a particularly tough week at work.


I took two days off when my sister came to visit and when I got back to work, I felt like the world was crashing down around me. Apparently, we were changing the format of our meetings and the meeting agendas (something I am responsible for), using this new program that half of us don't have installed on our computers. It sounds silly, but it was chaos. Everyone was hitting "reply all" to this chain of emails, saying things like, "Wait, what's going on?" Welcome back...


In the end, everything turned out fine.. By Friday, things had calmed down and I could breathe again. I went out for happy hour with a colleague and over margaritas, life seemed a bit rosier. Big surprise! Not that I'm advocating drinking, but it is nice to talk things out with co-workers close to your own age. Chances are, they get just as stressed out, and have similar problems. We both agreed that we are subconsciously seeking approval from our bosses and (maybe it's a girl thing) we just want to be liked and appreciated.


All in all, the talk was a good start to my weekend. Plus, the margaritas were only $5! With free chips! Have I mentioned how expensive it is here? Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home