Sunday, February 25, 2007

Working Weekend

**Disclaimer: I am NOT in this photo**
Hello loyal readers,
I spent this weekend working at the New York Comic Con. For those of you who are blissfully unaware of this event, it is an enormous convention for comics and all things comics-related. Since my employer publishes a few graphic novels per year, they rent a booth at Comic Con to display our novels, and have some of our authors sign books for fans, etc. This summer we have a superhero novel coming out, so we were plugging that as well. The author took part in a panel, and we were handing out the first two chapters of the book to try and hook some readers.

Though I could probably think of some more fun ways to spend a Saturday and Sunday, it wasn't all that bad. I met some industry people as well as a few authors. Also, that girl from Heroes was there signing autographs. I don't actually watch the show, but I know a lot of people do. There were some strange people walking around, but some pretty normal ones too. I was also surprised there were so many women there. I have to admit that I never read a graphic novel until I started my job, but now I really enjoy them. They don't just appeal to men; quite a few are even written by women! So I guess I have learned my lesson: comics are for women and men of all ages--write to me and I'll even recommend some! Though I can't say I condone dressing up in costume for someone over the age of twelve...

...but who knows, maybe next year you'll see me there dressed as Wonder Woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home